Two Weeks Out
- Pack the bulk of your items.
- Leave all clothing and soft goods in dressers, chester drawers and night stands. Pack all small breakable or loose items you have stored in them.
- Complete a change-of-address form online (usps.com) or at the post office.
- Notify magazines, newspapers, banks, and credit card companies of your new address.
One Week Out
- Properly dispose of any flammable or hazardous materials that are prohibited to be included with your Household Goods Shipment. Give away or dispose of any opened containers that could leak causing damage to your cargo.
- Finish packing. Set aside enough clothing for the week ahead, plus a suitcase or two for those items.
- Create a last-out, first-in box with all day-to-day necessities, including any of the following that are applicable: bedding, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, basic tools, cleaning supplies, medications, camera (to document items broken in transit), snacks, a few dishes and utensils
The Day Before
- Do a walk-through before movers arrive to make sure everything is packed.
- Make sure to pack any items you wish you move yourself in your personal vehicle.
- Say goodbye to neighbors.
- Set thermostats to away settings.
- Give keys to the real estate agent or landlord
Move In Day
- Arrange for someone to direct the movers at your new home.
- Check items off the inventory list as they are unloaded.
- Inspect for damages. Photograph relevant items before signing the release (sometimes referred to as a bill of lading).
- Test faucets, toilets, utilities, phones, smoke detectors, and security systems.
- Set thermostats and turn on water heater if necessary.
- Begin to unpack.
- Flatten boxes. Set them out for recycling, or store in your attic for future needs. Be aware that bugs and spiders love to make their home in old used boxes.
I hope that our moving tips time line guide will be helpful to you during your upcoming r. Hopefully it helps keep you organized and on track for a successful move and eliminates any unnecessary stress or the feeling of being overwhelmed. We at Midsouth Moving And Storage take great pride in our Customer Service and Customer Satisfaction. We offer both local and long distance moving and a complete line of packing materials and packing services. Our 43 years of experience and our verifiable A+ BBB Accredited Rating with minimal complaints is proof of our genuine commitment to all our clients. If we may be of any assistance to you, please call, text or email Allen Black, at 901-351-0676 or firstname.lastname@example.org